Our first site is located in the Southland Region of the South Island of New Zealand. It is around a 20 minutes drive from Te Anau, the starting point of two of the great New Zealand walks - the Kepler and Milford tracks.
The site is 1.7ha large, with space for 4000 trees to be planted. On this site, we have planted 1000 Attenuata X hybrids, interspersed with Manuka, Pittosporums, Beech, and Flax in the damper areas. The site is predominantly native (moving forward we only offer native plantings), and will regenerate over the next 100-150 years into dense native microforest.
Fun fact – many Lord of the Rings scenes were filmed nearby, notably the river scenes after the fellowship leave Lothlorien and sail past the Argonath.