We are required to comply with the terms of the Privacy Act 2020 New Zealand (the Act) when dealing with personal information and to protect Your privacy. Personal information is information about an identifiable natural individual. This policy does not limit or exclude any of Your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz . In accordance with the terms of the Act:
- We have no access to, nor know of, private information You provide to your credit card provider.
- We are not bound to keep non-identifying information private.
- When making a donation to Us you acknowledge and agree You may have provided, amongst other information, identifying personal information to our web hosting Agency and will be subject to their privacy rules, obligations and duties which may differ from Ours. That information may also be subject to obligations We owe under the Act.
- You are expressly informed that some persons are not subject to the Act, e.g., persons not ordinarily resident in New Zealand nor not carrying on business here and not holding or collecting information while in New Zealand, so that disclosure to such persons may not be covered by Our obligations under the Act, depending on whether or not We also have access to that information.
- We do not collect private information about You other than from You. All private information we hold on You is collected from You.
- Private Information we collect or hold on You is only used for the purpose of allowing You to donate to Us and to display on any Electronic Medium operated by us that You are aware of when agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Section 22 PPI 6 and 7 of the Act allows you to access the private information we hold on You and to correct it. You acknowledge and agree that a request to delete any of that information, other than as expressly provided for at 10 below, may lead to Termination (cl 19 above). Before You exercise these rights, We will need evidence to confirm that You are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- We rely on You to ensure the private information You provide Us is correct.
- You expressly acknowledge and agree the private information You supply Us can, unless you direct otherwise in writing, be used for display on Our leader board or similar.
- Some provisions of the Act, e.g., section 24, allow Us to share private information.
- We do not agree that We are subject to the provisions of any particular legislation or rules other than as provided for in the Act.
- To the full extent the Act allows, We will use your personal information to verify Your identity and to provide Our Services to You; to improve Our Services; to bill You and to collect money that You owe Us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions; to respond to communications from You, including a complaint; to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis); to protect and/or enforce Our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; for any other purpose authorised by You or the Act.
- To the full extent the Act allows, We may disclose your personal information to another entity within our group; any business that supports Our Services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that We use to provide the App, website or Our other services; a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking You; other third parties (for anonymised statistical information); a person who can require Us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority); any other person authorised by the Act or another law; any other person authorised by You.
- A business that supports Our Services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean Your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand, for example, cloud storage. We will take reasonable steps to keep Your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. We may charge You Our reasonable costs of providing to You copies of Your personal information or correcting that information.
- While We take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if You provide Us with personal information over the internet, to the extent the Act allows, the provision of that information is at Your own risk.
- If You post Your personal information via any Electronic Medium, You acknowledge and agree that the information You post is publicly available.